Critical Thinking. Dynamic Approach. Practical Solutions.
Nick’s practice encompasses a wide array of general litigation, with an emphasis on corporate commercial litigation. His experience includes pursuing and defending allegations of fraud, actions for corporate oppression, commercial tenancy disputes, professional negligence and fiduciary breaches and disputes concerning charitable entities including Societies and Part 9 Companies.
Nick’s practice also includes employment law. He has frequently provided counsel to and acted for employees in relation to terminations, constructive dismissal, severance packages and non-solicit and non-compete clauses.
In addition to his legal credentials, Nick is attuned to the realities of business. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce with a focus in Risk Management and Insurance, and has worked within the insurance industry and closely with small business throughout his career.
Nick has successfully appeared before the Provincial Court and the Court of Queen’s Bench in Alberta.
Commercial and General Litigation
- Commercial contracts
- Governance disputes related to shareholders, corporate and not-for-profits
- Corporate defamation
- Fraud and negligence disputes related to professional investment advisors
- Fraud dealing with publically-traded securities
- Compliance with the Alberta Securities Commission
- Counsel for both employees and employers
- Terminations with cause, without cause, and constructive dismissals
- Severance packages review
- Enforceability of non-solicit and non-compete clauses
- Remedies related to the Civil Enforcement Act
- Fraudulent preference actions
- Mareva injunctions
- Bankruptcy and creditor’s rights
- Replevin relief on an interlocutory basis
- Latent defect
- Condominium and co-operative housing
- Builders’ Liens and other contractor disputes
- Commercial and residential tenancy disputes
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Thompson Rivers University, JD, 2014
University of Calgary, BComm (concentration in Risk Management and Insurance), 2009
Member, Law Society of Alberta
Member, Canadian Bar Association
Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (Western)
Cantonese (conversationally fluent)
Calgary Legal Guidance, volunteer lawyer
D 403 705 2081