Critical Thinking. Dynamic Approach. Practical Solutions.
Nick’s practice encompasses a broad spectrum of general litigation with a specific focus on employment law. He has frequently provided counsel to and acted for employees in relation to terminations, constructive dismissal, severance packages and non-solicit and non-compete clauses. As an advocate for employees, he appreciates his clients’ circumstances and strives to minimize their costs, provide practical and timely solutions while maximizing their recovery from employers.
In addition to his legal credentials, Nick is attuned to the realities of business. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce with a focus in Risk Management and Insurance, and has worked within the insurance industry and closely with small business throughout his career.
Nick has appeared before the Provincial Court and the Court of Queen’s Bench in Alberta.
Commercial and General Litigation
- Counsel for both employees and employers
- Terminations with cause, without cause, and constructive dismissals
- Severance packages review
- Enforceability of non-solicit and non-compete clauses
- Commercial contracts
- Governance disputes related to shareholders, corporate and not-for-profits
- Corporate defamation
- Fraud and negligence disputes related to professional investment advisors
- Fraud dealing with publically-traded securities
- Compliance with the Alberta Securities Commission
- Remedies related to the Civil Enforcement Act
- Fraudulent preference actions
- Mareva injunctions
- Bankruptcy and creditor’s rights
- Latent defect
- Condominium and co-operative housing
- Builders’ Liens and other contractor disputes
- Commercial and residential tenancy disputes
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Thompson Rivers University, JD, 2014
University of Calgary, BComm (concentration in Risk Management and Insurance), 2009
Member, Law Society of Alberta
Member, Canadian Bar Association
Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (Western)
Cantonese (conversationally fluent)
Calgary Legal Guidance, volunteer lawyer
D 403 705 2081